Outer Hebrides - North Uist and Harris
Number of Nights: 9
Departs: Dunstaffnage Marina 2pm
Returns: Dunstaffnage Marina 12 noon
|Twin cabin (individual berth)||£1,800.00|
|Twin cabin (single occupancy)||£3,240.00|
|Whole boat (max 8 guests)||£12,960.00|
|22/07/2017 - 31/07/2017||Berths Available|
|16/08/2017 - 25/08/2017||Fully Booked|
Prices are inclusive of VAT (if applicable) and include all meals and snacks on board, bed linens, towels, oilskins, fuel and mooring/berthing fees. Alcoholic drinks are not included, but are available on board for purchase at cost price.
This 9-night cruise will explore some of the unique islands of the Outer Hebrides, parts of the Skye coastline and the Small Isles. There will be time for walks ashore and the chance to see some of Scotland’s fascinating bird and marine life.
Possible destinations in the Outer Hebrides are:
- North Uist, which is low lying and sprinkled with lochs has its ferry port at Lochmaddy and wilderness anchorages in Loch Eport
- Harris, where we often anchor off the village of Rodel to visit St Clement’s Church or beside Amhuinnsuidhe Castle in Loch Leosavay
- Taransay (of TV “Castaways” fame)
- Scarp (where German inventor Gerhard Zucker attempted to deliver the island’s mail by rocket post in the 1930s). Both islands boast beautiful stretches of white sandy beaches.
- Monach Isles – low lying islands which are a national nature reserve and have one of the largest grey seal colonies in the world
Around Skye, possible destinations include:
- Portree, the island capital
- Carbost in Loch Harport, home to the Talisker distillery
- Loch Scavaig, at the foot of the Black Cuillin, where seals and otters play amongst the rocks
- The islands of Raasay (with its new distillery, opening summer 2017), Rona (fresh venison for dinner!) and the Crowlins
- Isle of Canna known as the garden of the Hebrides, due to its fertile soils and green meadows
- Isle of Rum, with its spectacular mountain and coastal scenery and the eccentric Kinloch Castle, has one of the largest manx shearwater colonies in the world
Please note that the exact itinerary for this cruise will depend on the weather and the safety, comfort and interests of guests. In all matters, the skipper’s decision is final.