Outer Hebrides - Eriskay, Barra & Mingulay
Number of Nights: 9
Departs: Dunstaffnage Marina 2pm
Returns: Dunstaffnage Marina 12 noon
|Twin cabin (individual berth)||£1,800.00|
|Twin cabin (single occupancy)||£3,240.00|
|Whole boat (max 8 guests)||£12,960.00|
|08/06/2017 - 17/06/2017||Berths Available|
Prices are inclusive of VAT (if applicable) and include all meals and snacks on board, bed linen, towels, oilskins, fuel and mooring/berthing fees. Alcoholic drinks are not included, but are available on board for purchase at cost price.
This 9-night cruise will explore the southern islands of the Outer Hebrides where white sandy beaches, towering sea cliffs and fascinating history await discovery. There will be time for walks ashore and the chance to see some of Scotland’s fascinating bird and marine life.
Possible destinations in the Outer Hebrides are:
- Mingulay, the largest of the Bishop’s Isles is unrivalled for wilderness and beauty, it has an exceptional natural and cultural heritage and is also home to internationally important seabird colonies;
- Berneray, or Barra Head, the most southerly of the Western Isles, has dramatic 190m cliffs topped by the Barra Head Lighthouse;
- Barra, where we anchor beside Kisimul Castle off the island’s main town of Castlebay;
- Vatersay, which is joined to Barra by a causeway; the Vatersay Bay beach is one of the finest of many lovely such stretches of sand in the Outer Hebrides;
- Eriskay, where the SS Politician went down with its cargo of 246,000 bottles of whisky. Many of the bottles were “rescued” by the locals and the whole escapade was made famous by Sir Compton Mackenzie in his book “Whisky Galore”;
We will return via the Sound of Mull; possible destinations are:
- Isle of Muck
- Isle of Coll
- Tobermory, Mull where pretty coloured houses line the bay
- Loch Sunart, an attractive sea loch on the Ardnamurchan peninsula
Please note that the exact itinerary for this cruise will depend on the weather and the safety, comfort and interests of guests. In all matters, the skipper’s decision is final.